[vdr] Re: streamdev plugin problems

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2003 09:26 schrieb Jani Alanen:
> For mplayer, use PS mode, but the best results are achieved using (recent)
> XINE, in TS mode. If you don't want to bother using the setup menu all the
> times, you can choose the stream types directly in the URL. Play around with
> them a bit (see README) and see if it helps.

I have Win2K installed on my HTPC and I'm trying to watch tv on that
machine. My vdr box just records stuff, I don't use it for watching at
all, at least I won't after I get this plugin working. ;)

I tried the VLC-player but it doesn't work, I'll try to install the
Windows port of mplayer and see if that works. But AFAIK the VDR
Streamingcontrol for Windows uses mplayer and it doesn't work either.
Buffer status stays at 0%.

I've also noticed that since the installing of streamdev plugin there has
been lot's of "Ring buffer overflow" messages in the syslog. Haven't seen
those before.