[vdr] Re: streamdev plugin problems

Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 12:18 schrieb Jani Alanen:
> I tried the VLC-player but it doesn't work, I'll try to install the
> Windows port of mplayer and see if that works. But AFAIK the VDR
> Streamingcontrol for Windows uses mplayer and it doesn't work either.
> Buffer status stays at 0%.

Did you play around with the stream types, yet? You didn't mention it so
far... You can specify the type within the URL.

> I've also noticed that since the installing of streamdev plugin there has
> been lot's of "Ring buffer overflow" messages in the syslog. Haven't seen
> those before.

That's because the player doesn't read more data (probably because it can't
identify it's type), so the buffers within the PlugIn overrun, since they are
never emptied anymore.

Greetings,
Sascha