[vdr] Re: Conax CAM

To follow up to my own mail I have some more info. I somehow randomly get
at least one of the channels to actually work well by setting the
encryption type back to "1" instead of the "1101" for Conax. One time out
of, say, four the channel will tune in after some seconds, but I see this
in the log file too:

vdr[493]: switching to channel 17
vdr[499]: ERROR: CI MMI: unknown tag 9F8800
vdr[493]: CAM: Menu - \227\230Ei käyttöoikeutta

The text is in Finnish and means "No permission". When this happens VDR
opens an OSD display with the same text as a caption and two empty lines
as the content, just like a menu with two empty lines. The OSD was not
active when the channels were switched.

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.