[vdr] Re: EPG problem in 1.3.0

Rantanen Teemu wrote:

> Is there a problem with TID handling in ChannelID compared to what EPG
> expects TID to be, or am I doing something wrong? I cannot get EPG entries
> with plain 1.3.0, except in few channels.
>
> While debugging, the problems appears to occur on all channels where NID is
> zero.

According to "ETR 162", Network ID 0x0000 is not assigned to any
real network, and is marked as "reserved".

> In that case cChannel::GetChannelID() uses Transponder() for TID, and
> EPG entries are never matched into that channel (real TID of the channel is
> something completely different than what Transponder() returns).
>
> This will fix it, and works in Finnish HTV DVB-C, but I guess the real fix
> needs to be done elsewhere? In channel.c change into:
>
>         tChannelID cChannel::GetChannelID(void) const
>         {
>           return tChannelID(source, nid, tid, sid, rid);
>         }

Since VDR needs to be able to identify channels by their transponder
if it doesn't know the NID/TID yet, I suggest checking for both NID _and_
TID being 0, as in

tChannelID cChannel::GetChannelID(void) const
{
  return tChannelID(source, nid, (nid || tid) ? tid : Transponder(), sid, rid);
}

Or is there also a TID with 0 value?
Nevertheless, the real problem seems to be that the tv station uses
a bogus NID...

> PS. I already rewrote EPG preferred language patch for 1.3.0 last night, but
> it still needs a little bit of cleaning. I can send it once I get home in
> few hours. It features multiple languages, is tested (and works) also with
> extended descriptors and is more efficient than the old patch.

Please send it to me asap, I'm currently in the mood to do this ;-)

Klaus