[vdr] Re: Little feature request for 1.3.x

Klaus Schmidinger wrote
> "Jörg Knitter" wrote:
> > And one additional wish concerning this option: I want to turn off the
> PID
> > scanning for certain channels. This might sound stupid, but I recently
> had
> > problems receiving 'Bayern 4 Klassik' radio in Dolby Digital (they send
> concerts
> > on fridays morning between 2-3 o`clock a.m. every two weeks). The reason
> for
> > this was that Bayern 4 sent out a VPID although this channel has no
> video.
> > The result was that VDR did not play or record anything. By manually
> deleting
> > the VPID, it worked, and I am sure that this is a fault of the Bayern 4
> radio
> > station (I still did not contact them), but nevertheless, I would like
> > see an option like this 'magic rid' feature of autopid where I was able
> to turn
> > PID scanning completely off.
>
> Well, I was hoping I could avoid that "magic rid" stuff, because I didn't
> really
> like it...
>
> Was this a one time fault of 'Bayern 4 Klassik', or does this happen often
> and maybe on other stations, too?

Can´t say this, but at least 'Bayern 4 Klassik' makes this fault. I think, I
checked this last 3 or 4 weeks ago, maybe you have the time to check it this
thursday/friday (see
http://www.br-online.de/bayern4/programm/wochenhighlight/mehrkanalton.shtml). Additionally, they told me in a former e-mail, that
they don´t transmit the AC3 PID all the other days (they talked about capacity
problems) but only on the thursdays before transmission at around 18.00
o`clock - that´s why you will not find a valid AC3 pid today - and why it wouldn´t
be bad to leave the AC3 pid like it is.
Besides of this, it could be interesting to know if sending an (invalid)
video PID on AC3 radio channels is necessary for some stand alone receivers to
work correctly.

Jörg