[vdr] Re: Little feature request for 1.3.x

What new features are actually planned?

For me, I'd like to see these things, at the moment:

- Automounting of VDR recordings on a DVD, so VDR can play them.
  (I did a shell script for myself that I can invoke from the commands
  menu, and which creates symbolic links for all directories in the DVD
  in the /video directory, but it doesn't work for example if the
  directories have spaces.. yet. I also tried to use the video0, video1, etc.
  for this purpose, but *that* feature seems useless.)

- Something should be done to get rid of the SCREECH!! sound that can occur
  when you start or stop a recording. What I'd like to see is a (fast but)
  gradual turning down/up of the volume instead; like
  what the Windows Media Player does when exiting.

- I'd like to be able to set a recording on channel X when currently
  recording on channel Y (on a different channel bundle). I do *not* want
  to use VDR admin, but the OSD. Also, the down-button in the EPG menu
  works oddly; when it goes down to the next page, the top-most program
  on the next page should be displayed, not the bottom-most one.

- "Empty Trash" command to get VDR to actually delete the recordings that
  I already told it to delete. Yes, I know there's a timer.

- I'd like to be able to more easily turn subtitles on/off. Currently I have
  to go through two menus where the submenu is the last one, and then the
  actual plugin menu. I'm not sure what actual feature this would be, maybe
  a simple reordering of menus would do.

- I still don't know if 99 is the highest or lowest recording category,
  how about changing it to be very high, high, medium, low, very low?
  At least in the OSD, and retain the numbers somewhere in the background?

- I can't understand why on earth directory names should have ':' in
  them. I'd rate that as a bug. I know the VFAT (whatever) compile option
  removes that, but since I'm actually recording on EXT3, I didn't want
  to enable it (it may do something else too). The problem is on my secondary
  archival, which is done on FAT, and then I can't just copy the directory
  structure without renaming the interim directories.

- More stability :). Last week I managed to record two movies as complete
  garbage, reason unknown, probably driver problem. Also, I recorded
  "...And God created Woman", and wondered where the recording vanished
  on disk :). And LIRC freezes occasionally for about half a minute, although
  I don't know what actually freezes.

Ari

--
INCONSISTENT TERMINOLOGY IS A SECURITY HOBGOBLIN
                                <Stuart Holoman>