[vdr] Re: Little feature request for 1.3.x

Ari Huttunen wrote:

> - I'd like to be able to set a recording on channel X when currently
>    recording on channel Y (on a different channel bundle). I
> do *not* want
>    to use VDR admin, but the OSD.

What do you mean by this? In the Schedule Menu you can set a Timer for every
progam anytime.
Or you can enter the data by hand in the Timers menu.

> Also, the down-button in
> the EPG menu
>    works oddly; when it goes down to the next page, the
> top-most program
>    on the next page should be displayed, not the bottom-most one.

This is a setup option: Scroll Pages (or so)

> - I still don't know if 99 is the highest or lowest recording
> category,
>    how about changing it to be very high, high, medium, low, very low?
>    At least in the OSD, and retain the numbers somewhere in
> the background?

99 is greater than 0.

> - I can't understand why on earth directory names should have ':' in
>    them. I'd rate that as a bug. I know the VFAT (whatever)
> compile option
>    removes that, but since I'm actually recording on EXT3, I
> didn't want
>    to enable it (it may do something else too). The problem
> is on my secondary
>    archival, which is done on FAT, and then I can't just copy
> the directory
>    structure without renaming the interim directories.

So actually you are using fat. Use the VFAT compile option.

> And LIRC freezes occasionally for about half a
> minute, although
>    I don't know what actually freezes.

This problem is often caused by vdradmin if you have very much epg data
(which takes a long time to transfer).

Ciao Ulrich

PS: Reading the manuals *does* help.