[vdr] Re: using VGA / YUV output from vdr

I believe, that you are talking about video-projector and not the one, that
they use on StarTrek? ;).

I am planning to acquire on of those beamers aswell and connect it directly
to the AGP card. There should be an DVI connector on it, so used Matrox G400
should be fine.

Matrox G400 (G100/G200, etc) has DirectFB support pretty much implemented
( http://www.directfb.org/ ), which can be used from VDR by using plugin
"Softdevice" ( http://www.k13zoo.de/vdr/ ).

With these I believe, that is should be possible to even use HDTV
resolutions, if the beamer has enough pixels.

I do not have G400 yet so I do not have any idea how to enable DVI output on
Linux or set correct resolution on it. If anyone has knowledge of this,
please do tell me (us).

Using higher resolution then 768x576, would require a configuration to
"Softdevice" plugin, perhaps an automatic switch according to channel which
is tuned to work properly. The plugin seems to be in it´s infancy at the
moment, but joined contacting to the author might have positive effects to
implement these requests.

I was able to see picture on monitor using G200 and softdevice with Directfb
drivers.

Br.
Marko Myllymäki