[vdr] Re: Suggestions for tv output?

> > Sorry if I sound like a total ass by saying this, but should
> > it not be the hardware, which does the resizing to the video stream?
>
> There are numerous references that state that hardware upscaling on most
> cards is implemented badly. So with software upscaling you can have much
> better quality.

Is this a driver (badly implemented method) or pure hardware problem?

> And on the same time you can implement noise reduction (deblocking) and
> deinterlacing to image. With beamers you easily see if image is
interlaced.
> For example HIM in Tavastia house concert was very bad without
deinterlacing
> (camera flashes flashing with panning camera movement).

Sadly this is true, but deinterlacing and deblocking can occur using ffmpeg
as I recall. (Not tested). Softdevice use these libraries, so it could have
configuration parameter on VDR.

> Chain might be something like this(??):
>
> DVB -> xine-plugin -> xine (demux, decode, resize, filter) -> framebuffer
>
> Best regards, Jori Hämäläinen

I did not check on xine, but does it require X to work with? As for my goal
is _NOT_ to use X, but only with pure FB.

Br,

Marko Myllymäki.