[vdr] VDR with Epia-M, streamdev, xine with epia-m driver, fb ?

Hello ,

following the thread  "Suggestions for tv output" , I was wondering if I
anyone has ever tried the following chain :

VDR  ->  streamdev as DVB source   ->   xine with epia-m driver as decoder  ->
framebuffer as output device  -> TV

So one could have a fully working VDR without any additional PCI cards. ->
Very very small and quiet VDR-box.
Moreover one could use Xine to render a nicer OSD as there a no hardware
limitations to OSD rendering then like with a ff card. Not that the current
improvedOSD3a with icons would be ugly ;) it is absolutely awesome and even
better than the OSD of my standalone humax receiver.

I don't have the time at the moment to try this but I am curious if this
actually works without any problems.

greetings
Tom