[vdr] Re: Suggestions for tv output?

> DVB -> VDR (TS->PES) -> xine-plugin -> (fb)xine (demux, decode, resize,
> filter) -> framebuffer.

I am not completely into it, but AFAIK xine could also output via DirectFB, so
wouldn't it be a starting point to use DirectFB anyway?

a) if there is no hw acceleration, scaling etc. DirectFB runs in software,
xine does the scaling (on a setup basis). I dont't think DirectFB would eat up
any CPU in comparison to plain fb.

b) if there is hw scaling, xine could just do demux and decoding, resizing
could be selectable (depending on quality of hw scaler)...

The advantage of using DirectFB is that the OSD handling would be very easy
and incredible fast on hw-accelerated drivers - with all transparency you
could wish. And last not least... there would be a perspective for MHP in VDR
:-). vidix would do perhaps the same job on hw-scaling, but not for
alphatransparent OSD and multiple layer technology.

Regards
 Stephan