[vdr] Re: Feature request - time shift

Well,
maybe I dont correctly understand what you want, but I think
just pressing the PAUSE key (starts to record) and then play key
(starts to play back the recording) will give you that.

If you want a buffer of a certain time that VDR has automagically recorded without being asked to, that was discussed a few times here
and I dont think is planned at this time.

Andreas Hahn wrote:
Hi, after building / testing my vdr (thanks to klaus) and selling my comercial
receiver, i'm now missing the following feature: Time shift mode like a layer between realtime and recording. On the receiver you can go back in time up to that point, when you switched
the channel (max. 1h). I think, they use a kind of ring buffer, but on hard
disk. This mode is really transparent to the user, you even can start recording at time
shifting. I don't know if i make clear myself. The advantage of that is, you can
replay scenes (whatever) unless recording it, at any time. You don't have to pay attention
of recording time, if you watch TV in time shift mode. Last but not least, you
can decide to record a programme from the beginning, after watching a while. My question is, is it very difficult to implement such a feature? Have you
ever thought about something like this? In which function could one implement
this? thanks Andreas