[vdr] Re: using VGA / YUV output from vdr

Johannes,

with the prices of pretty good er,... "Beamers", sorry "projectors" coming down rapidly I keep wondering whether there isn't any newer versions of DVB cards in the works anywhere. Mainly something with RGB, S-Video and DVI connectors would be nice, I dont know if the MPEG decoder should also maybe have more power, for HDTV maybe?
I'm sure there will be a market for them.

Do you care to tell us which beamer you bought? And, whether you are happy with it?

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

hi ppl

as i now own a new beamer that can handle 1280x720 i'd like to connect it to
my vdr pc in an appropriate way ;)

everything like s-video (or even worse fbas) it not what i want.

for watching dvds progressive i'd need to connect my beamer via vga or dvi
(or yuv). afaik the only device that can deliver that is a "normal" pc
graficscard. (that is installed anyway - just in case you have to do
something on that machine that can't be done via ssh).

there is no x11 or anything like that installed on the pc. it is for vdr
only.

i read all about that xine-plugin (and also saw many more plugins with an
"x" included in the name *g* on klaus' homepage), but am not really sure if
that is what i'm looking for.

pls enlight me ;)

thanks

servus hannes!