[vdr] Re: Satellite Newbie...

> Q1. If only one DVB-S card is connected to the dish (say the server)
> will the other DVB-S card on the client be able to display the channels
> or do both cards need to be connected to the dish.

If you are using the streamdev plugin: yes
There are different ways to achieve that vdr only uses the TV-Out part of
your card.
BUT it's wasted resources. Put the second DVB-S card in the server, connect
it to the dish and buy a dxr3 card for your client.

> Q2. If I have only 1 lnb on the dish how would I connect both cards up
> (there's only 1 connection on both cards).

You could use the lnb-sharing-patch.
BUT if possible with your cabling, get a used quad LNB for about 10? (ebay).

> Q3. With only 1 lnb and both DVB-S cards connected and recording on one
> DVB-S card would the other DVB-S card able to receive all channels
no
> or would it need a seperate lnb to do this.

yes

> Q4. On the Nova-T I can record one channel and view other channels on
> the same frequency.  Can I do this with a FF DVB-S card?

yes

> Q5. Can one FF DVB-S card record more than one channel at the same time?

if they share the same transponder/frequency yes
for example you can record PRO7 and SAT1 and N24 and DSF and Kabel1
simultaneously