[vdr] Re: streaming with recoding

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Ulrich Petri wrote:

> Dirk Essl wrote:
>
> > I've been testing this last week with ffmpeg, which acts as
> > streamserver,
> > but my tests where not very succesful. Either The quality of
> > the picture
> > was very Bad, or the Data Rate of my WLAN was too small, which results
> > in Framedrops.
> >

> What kind of WLAN did you use?
> If it's 11MBit/s you should be aware that you only get about 5-7 mBit/s
> netto under *optimal* conditions (which normaly means sight contact to the
> AP).

i have a 11mbit, but it is not the problem, my processor is too slow. when
i use 100mbit over cable, i also need a smaller video-signal.

olli

> Ciao Ulrich
>

> --
> Info:

Dipl. Inf. (FH) Oliver Joa, senior IT-architect

Gatrixx NetSolutions GmbH, Karl-Goetz-Strasse 5, 97424 Schweinfurt
Fon +49 9721 797 420,  Fax +49 9383 999-58,  Mobil +49 160 47874 62
E-Mail ojoa@gatrixx.com, ojoa@gmx.net, oliver@j-o-a.de
http://www.finanztreff.de/