[vdr] Re: streaming with recoding

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:48:19 +0100
"Ulrich Petri" <ulope@gmx.de> wrote:

> Dirk Essl wrote:
>
> > I've been testing this last week with ffmpeg, which acts as
> > streamserver,
> > but my tests where not very succesful. Either The quality of
> > the picture
> > was very Bad, or the Data Rate of my WLAN was too small, which results
> > in Framedrops.
> >

> What kind of WLAN did you use?
> If it's 11MBit/s you should be aware that you only get about 5-7 mBit/s
> netto under *optimal* conditions (which normaly means sight contact to the
> AP).

Yes, it's 11MB WLAN and there's no sight contact to the AP :-(
But the WLAN is not the problem, I didn't manage ffmpeg to work
correctly...
Now I've connected the the VDR to a VCR and placed a small TV-set in the
living room. Works perfectly here, and I can control the VDR with the
Notebook.

--
Dirk Essl <de@floydworld.de>