[vdr] Re: Strange behaviour (bug?) when recording on RAI channels

Hello Mattia,

Of course, I should have thought of the driver. Usually it's this tricky little
beast that causes problems when something strange is going on. Thank you for the
link to the italian forum. I am german but since I live in Italy I understand
italian. So it is very useful for me.

I am running LinVDR so I am not able to update just the driver. Therefore I will
update to the latest LinVDR 0.5 from the 25/12/2003. This should contain the
latest driver and VDR 1.2.6. My VDR box is using a DVB-s 1.6.

The update might take some time as I am quite busy but as soon as I have made it
I will report about the outcome.

Anyway I don't understand why the driver causes this annoying problem just now
after RAI has changed the pids. Does anyone have an explanation ? I'm just curious.

Ondrej ...

Mattia Rossi wrote:
Hi Ondrej, If you can understand Italian, please have a look at this thread (registration required): http://www.dvb-italia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=909

The solution for us was an upgrade of the linux-dvb drivers to the version
used in vdr 1.2.6: ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/linux-dvb.2003-11-08.tar.bz2

Please try upgrading (the driver upgrade should be enough, if not, please
upgrade also vdr to 1.2.6) and let us know whether that fixed the problem
(the user having problems was using a single dvb 1.3 card, we couldn't
reproduce the problem with Rev. 2.1 cards)

Take Care

Mattia