[vdr] Re: Strange behaviour (bug?) when recording on RAIchannels

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:49:32 +0100
Ondrej Wisniewski <ondrej.wisniewski@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hello Mattia,
>
> Of course, I should have thought of the driver. Usually it's this
> tricky little beast that causes problems when something strange is
> going on. Thank you for the link to the italian forum. I am german but
> since I live in Italy I understand italian. So it is very useful for
> me.
>
> I am running LinVDR so I am not able to update just the driver.
> Therefore I will update to the latest LinVDR 0.5 from the 25/12/2003.
> This should contain the latest driver and VDR 1.2.6. My VDR box is
> using a DVB-s 1.6.
>
> The update might take some time as I am quite busy but as soon as I
> have made it I will report about the outcome.
>
> Anyway I don't understand why the driver causes this annoying problem
> just now after RAI has changed the pids. Does anyone have an
> explanation ? I'm just curious.

Well, the channel Senato  has a VPID = 8190.
In theory this shouldn't be a problem, but 8190 is dangerously
(in terms of boundary conditions check ) close to 8192, that as far as I
understand (not much, really) is the video pid used in the driver to
request a full Transport Stream instead of a normal Program Stream.
As I said, just a guess, the important thing is that it works with the
new driver ....

Mattia