[vdr] Re: dd with SB live under 2.6 with VDR?

Hello

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

Am Freitag, 9. Januar 2004 17:55 schrieb Bernd Juraschek:

Hello,

Guess: You're using ALSA-Lib 1.0 ... right?
I am quiete sure you know it works :-)
Works this also with SBLive *analog* 5.1 output?

Currently, I'm using vdr-1.2.6 with "-a a52dec ..." and the emu10k1
driver found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1 and the analog
output works fine. I don't have tried ALSA with 5.1 ...
well "people" will tell you how much better alsa is, but they only seam to check features, not the usability. so while alsa seems better (more development, more options, more mixer-controls) i had no chance of getting a real world setup working for 5.1 analog output, but that just my 2 cents

Bitstreamout does not decode AC3, and Werner will not implement that.

no :-) for shure not !

If you are interested I can send you a preliminary plugin which uses a52dec for both replay and lifeview (synchronized with the GetSTC technique), but
is that still the version 0.0.1 or is it something new, if that is the case i would kindly ask if you could send me a copy too.

does currently not work for DVDs.

Marcel

Thanks,
Bernd