[vdr] Re: Resampling Audio with mplayer cause choppy sound

[reformatted due to TOP posting]

Marc Lentwojt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have lots of .wmv - movies with 22kHz Audio. Mplayer says, 22kHz over
>> mpegpes is not supported and resamples the sound to 44.1 kHz.
>> This causes choppy sound. I think this due to realtime-resampling.
>>
>> Is there any way to playback those via alsasound or may it be possible
>> to playback 22kHz over mpegpes ?
>>
>> Transcoding all movies would take weeks...
>>
>> My box is a shuttle barebone with nforce2 and Athlon XP 1700+ using
>> mplayer 0.9.2, latest vdr and Suse 9.0 professional with updates.

> I think i`ve found the problem. The debugging output from mplayer says:

[SNIP]

Unfortunately you didn't post the command line that had come a bit down
in your log.

> The entry "ID_VIDEO_FPS=1000.000 " is very strange. So mplayer thinks,
> this movie has 1000 fps ? No wonder, that -speed is unusable, isn`t it ?

No, in this case this video would have been played as PAL with 25 fps as
it has an unknow/unusual fps entry. In this case the use_speed option is
never used.

Btw.:
Is .asf the same as .wmv? If so, I have two of the here, both report
1000fps, but play well.

> How can i change this behaviour ?

I don't know. Try experimenting with the command line.

Cheers,
juri