[vdr] SPDIF on J2 voltage

Hi all,

I have read several postings about the 5V / 0.5V stuff. I running VDR with two Rev 1.3 cards with both J2 SPDIF outs directly connected to the Coax ins of my Harman Kardon AV-Receiver for years now and I'm facing no problems except sometimes loosing audio for a couple of seconds when switching channels (annoying but tolarable).

As I'm re-arranging some stuff in my living room, I trying to move to bitstreamout using the optical out of my soundcard. While doing that, I used a multimeter to measure the voltage of my J2 spdif outs and found that the two cards deliver different signals. One card delivers 1.68 V the other 3.3V.

Can someone with electronics background shed some light on this for me? Isn't the card supposed to deliver 5V?

Best regards,

Robert
Home | Main Index | Thread Index