[vdr] Re: SPDIF on J2 voltage

Robert Schneider <Robert.Schneider@de.ibm.com> wrote:
> Can someone with electronics background shed some light on this for me?
> Isn't the card supposed to deliver 5V?

Yes, and they both very likely do. You can't use a multimeter for things
that are variable in time. What you are trying to measure is a rectangular
waveform. Try to get a oscilloscope if you can.

That said, a good reference for SPDIF is at
http://documents.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html
Look under "S/PDIF output buffer circuits"

--
Mophobia, n.:
	Fear of being verbally abused by a Mississippian.