[vdr] RE : Re: About the OSD color table

Hu, thanks to all for your quick answers

> In order to make the OSD handling more device independent I'm thinking
> about
> having _one_ (virtual) OSD window with fullscreen, full 256 color
> resolution.
> Plugins would then no longer have to deal with separate windows, but could
> rather
> act as if there was a full 256 color OSD. This would be a step into the
> direction
> where output devices other than the DVB cards are used, which typically
> have
> that capability (not talking about the DXR3 cards here, which are AFAIK
> even
> more limited than the DVB cards).

So, don't you think that with a single big palette handling XX colors which
would be shared between the different windows the abstraction device should
be better ?

In fact, I was thinking to write a piece of code for a unique palette doing
the translation between windows palettes and the _DEVICE_palette.

Tell me if it's the right thing to do ?

Sheers