[vdr] Re: RE : Re: About the OSD color table

Philippe Gaultier wrote:

> Hu, thanks to all for your quick answers
>
> > In order to make the OSD handling more device independent I'm thinking
> > about
> > having _one_ (virtual) OSD window with fullscreen, full 256 color
> > resolution.
> > Plugins would then no longer have to deal with separate windows, but could
> > rather
> > act as if there was a full 256 color OSD. This would be a step into the
> > direction
> > where output devices other than the DVB cards are used, which typically
> > have
> > that capability (not talking about the DXR3 cards here, which are AFAIK
> > even
> > more limited than the DVB cards).
> >

> So, don't you think that with a single big palette handling XX colors which
> would be shared between the different windows the abstraction device should
> be better ?

I'm afraid I don't understand this question.

> In fact, I was thinking to write a piece of code for a unique palette doing
> the translation between windows palettes and the _DEVICE_palette.
>
> Tell me if it's the right thing to do ?

I was under the impression that your particular device is able to
display a full screen, 256 color OSD. If so, the abstraction I was
suggetsing should be exactly what you would need - or am I missing
something?

Klaus