[vdr] Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: About the OSD color table

Philippe Gaultier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well, I'don't understand how the DVB device handle the OSD.
>
> You said earlier in this thread that the CLUT of the DVB card can handle 256
> colors. So if I'm right, each window can handle a part of this clut.
>
> The thing I do not understand is where I can find the code which translate a
> window palette index to the real DVB palette index.

That's because you don't have the source of the firmware ;-)
This happens inside the firmware.

> > I was under the impression that your particular device is able to
> > display a full screen, 256 color OSD. If so, the abstraction I was
> > suggetsing should be exactly what you would need - or am I missing
> > something?
> >
> You are right,
>
> Description of my device :
> OSD : width*height mmap()able buffer
> CLUT : CLUT of 256 entries where each entry is defined like this
>        - index : (R,G,B,A) where 0x00 <= R,G,B,A <= 0xFF
>
> The problem I have is to know how the DVB CLUT is split.
>
> Example to show how I understand the color handling:
>
> Window 0 : 4 colors
> Window 1 : 8 colors
> Window 2 : 4 colors
>
> Real palette :
> Colors 0 -> 3 are for window 0
> Colors 4 -> 7 are for window 1
> Colors 8 -> 12 are for window 2
>
> If I'm right this time, how can I find the color depth of a single window ?

AFAIK the firmware always reserves 16 colors for each window in case there
is no 256 color window, starting at CLUT offset 0. As soon as there is a 256
color window, that window defines the colors and all others "see" the
respective color range from the CLUT. For instance, window 2 always
has the colors from index (2 * 16) to (2 * 16 + 15).

Klaus