[vdr] Re: libmpeg2 version conflict for OSDPIP plugin and noad

Also sprach theNoad zu "14.01.2004 07:39" Anno Domini:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2004 07:24 schrieb Andreas Breitenbach:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>to your information.
>>
>>There is a version conflict for libmpeg2 used by noad and the OSDPIP
>>plugin. The plugin needs libmpeg2-0.4.0, noad needs libmpeg2-0.3.1.
>>

> noad can work with libmpeg2-0.4.0 if you comment out the calls to mpeg2_pts()
> in noad.cpp, which are not needed for noad to work.
> Due to problems with the noad Homepage i'm not able to upload a new version of
> noad this time.

This would be the best solution! I hope you can fix the problems fast
and easy!

>>I have installed the library 0.3.1 in /usr/lib and the version 0.4.0 in
>>/usr/local/lib
>>

>>I have solved the conflict by adding following line to noad_functions.sh:
>>
>>LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libmpeg2.so.0
>>
>>and in runvdr:
>>
>>export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libmpeg2.so.0
>>
>>With this noad and the plugin is working.

Another solution is to compile the older version of noad static only.
This way, the newly compiled noad gets statically linked against it and
does not need to load the (wrong) shared lib!

--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "Quis custodit custodes?