[vdr] Re: remote vdr server and client config

Also sprach Sebastian Frei zu "14.01.2004 08:11" Anno Domini:

>>- use mplayer on the server to view mpeg2 and mpeg4 videos
>
> ?

MPEG2 (and MPEG1) needs no reencoding for presentation on a DVB/DXR3
hardware. You can use the mplayer plugin for playback on your client.

I currently use Sascha Volkenandt's mplayercluster-plugin to use the
computation power of my 866MHz-Notebook to recode non-MPEG{1,2}
material. It's not perfectly stable but maybe this comes also from my
setup (I think the problems I have result from using autofs instead of
hard-wired mounting NFS). Also I experience some stutterings from time
to time which indicate, that my "server" (= the notebook) has abit to
low computation power. I think with 1-1.2GHz P3-CPU or comparable, the
latter would disapear completly.

You can find some hints, patches and of course the link to the plugin on
my website!

CU
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "Quis custodit custodes?