[vdr] RE : Re: Implementing new device, but video is choppy

Hi,

> I have no idea what I am talking about but have you checked that the
> problem is not buffer related? ie is the hardware decoder being
> constantly fed or could the choppiness be caused by the fact that there
> is not a continuous stream of data being sent for decoding?

I did more tests but it seems that it's not a buffering problem...
My device doesn't need to be fed constantly.

Here is what I do not understand :

1 - Start VDR
Vdr Tunes to the 1 channel
2 - Video is displayed... Everytime it's choppy
3 - Open a recording
4 - Play the record
5 - Video is displayed... and the replay is excellent
6 - Stop the record (get back to channel mode)
Video is sometimes excellent and sometimes choppy
7 - Change channel
8 - Video is displayed... Everytime it's choppy

If I Start, Stop a recording 3 or 4 times, the video from the tunned channel

Is excellent...
If I tune to another channel, the video is choppy again

If someone (Klaus ?) can explain me the difference between transfert mode
and playback mode it would be great... It seems that my problem is in the
transfert mode

Thanks
Philippe