[vdr] RE :Buffering video [Was]-> ( Implementing new device, but video is choppy)

Hi,

I made a lot of changes to the code of my device (FYI: I started from the
SoftDevice Plugin)

I have a lot of troubles while viewing channels (the video is choppy) but
everything is fine when I replay a recording.

Someone told me to check if I have buffered the video.
It seems that this person was right.
I have lot of data when I replay a recording but my ringbuffer is really low
when I'm watching a channel.

So I would like to write a piece of code to :

1) if switching channel (or changing video source and so the display)
a- fill a buffer with a defined amount of data (64*1024 bytes for example)
b- start the decoding trick when the buffer is OK and continue to fill the
buffer with incoming data

2) is new switch or something else
a- stop filling the buffer
b- consume the data remaining in the buffer
c- stop playing

--> loop to first part

Do I need to use the cThread class? Is the CcReceiver a good example ?

Thank you