[vdr] remote vdr server and client config

Hi,

I need some help choosing the right software components for my new vdr installation.

Currently I'm running vdr 1.2.5 from a Mediaportal in my living room, but I want to move the reception hardware away into the basement.

So I'm going to install a DVB-C and DVB-S and run vdr on my "server". The client (PC) should then only be used as a viewing device (using another DVB or DXR3). This client-PC will be low-end, like a 700MHz Celeron.

I'll probably need the streamdev-plugin, but will this allow me to:
- watch live tv (sure it does :-)
- timeshift live-tv
- edit timers and do recordings on the server
- use mplayer on the server to view mpeg2 and mpeg4 videos

Basically I want the client to have the same functionality as a standalone VDR box. Like say a remote display for VDR.

Is this possible with the currently available plugins?

Thanks,

Andreas