[vdr] Re: Suggestions for tv output?

> Have you tried e.g. mplayer's postprocessing filters? They are
> smoothening and de-sharpening the picture (basically
> worsening the image
> quality in terms of PSNR but making them more pleasing your
> eyes) - this
> has a similiar effect like the low-quality analog TV-outs of your RGB
> CVBS output of your full-featured card...
> :)

Yes, I tried multiple filters and combinations and like I said I didn't
take too much notes. I was just quick testing to see if effect is
noticeable and wanted. And on football (already low quality picture) the
effect was too bad, on live camera shot I didn't even notice that filter
was there.

I came across to thread in avsforum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=9c7739df4717ec4f87a22687c185ab53&threadid=226357&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

It looks interesting (its about DVD playback) but maybe if those filter
ideas can be done in VDR. Thread tells about Windows software but some
filters are based on ffmpeg&mplayer code.