[vdr] Implementing new device, but video is choppy

Hi,

I'm working on a new device.

My device is working pretty well when I play some video from a recording :

I have the following problem :

When I try to watch a channel, the video is really choppy (only IFRAME or
something like this).
When I record the channel an the I play it back, the video is perfect.

My device has an hardware MPEG2 decoder which must be fed with ES streams.
To write my device code, I used the video handling from the SoftDevice
plugin.
As far as I can understand the code of the softplugin, it seems that it
strips the header from the packet sent to the playvideo function.

Here is my understanding :
1) received packet P
2) filter P (to find out if it's video or audio data)
3) strip out the header of P
4) send the packet P without it's header to the decoder.

Can you tell me if I'm right there :
 - Packet P is PES
 - Packet P without header is ES

How can I find the start data of an ES stream to drop everything before the
first starting point found ?

Anyone has a clue ?

Thank you

Philippe