[vdr] Re: master-timer and 1.2.6 Broken pipe

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:34:43PM +0100, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> >Which isn't possibel(tm).
> >
> >You'd have to "kill -9" the master-timer process to prevent master-timer
> >to send quit.
> >(Or there "stucks" a command an the way to VDR with "\r\n" missing,
> >which should be impossibel too.)
>
> Generally Master-Timer works very nice :)
>
> But the "broken pipe" error is there on my suse 8.0 + vdr 1.2.6 system.
> Strange is that it sometimes brings no message :

What is even more strange(tm).

Personally i never observed such an error.
And i have 2 VDR "Targets".

Currently i use VDR 1.2.6p4, which (is/should be) identical to 1.2.6 in
this matter.

The only other difference is that my Master-Timer doesn't run on the
same machine(s) as VDR but on my "work" computer.

Bis denn