[vdr] Re: merge vdr files.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Martin Holst wrote:
> > tarass@club-internet.fr wrote:

> > > Why then dvb-mplex complain when the files are merged,
> > > and dosen't on each file separately ?
> >
> > I'd the same problem. You have to try some parameters of cat (I
> > don't know the parameter at the moment). It's because cat (in some
> > versions as default) changes some characters like control sequences
> > and so on.
>
> What? 'cat' is supposed to copy the given files to stdout, without
> modifying them.

I thought this too, until I'd the described problem. And I'm quite sure,
that it was a simple parameter of cat, which bring back the wanted
functionality. It could be, that there are different cat-implementations with different
default-behaviour. But I've forgotten which parameter it was. :-( We all get
older...

Martin