[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] OT: Diseqc Spec

Lauri Tischler wrote:
Holger Waechtler wrote:

Lauri Tischler wrote:

I've been trying to find specification for Diseqc 1.2,
other then the one at www.eutelsat.com called 'position_app_note_v1.pdf'
The initial spec from Feb. 1998.
I have not been able to find anything newer.
Specially I'm tring to find the spec for command 'Goto X',
the original spec just says
---
3.10. Goto Angular Position (degrees)
Command byte '6E' is not yet fully defined....
---
Any pointers to working spec ?

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/4_5_5.html

"Bus Specification" and "Update and Recommandations for Implementation" are the pdf's you are looking for, the other ones might be interesting too.

Nope, they have even less information about command 'Goto X' then
Positioner Application Note' document.
Actually they have no information at all about bits and nibbles of
'Goto X' command.
are you sure it's actually used anywhere? the DiSEqC spec is ermmh - let's say somewhat fuzzy about some thing, I could well imagine that they never finished specifying this command...

anyway - that's what I found:

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/pdf/Diseqc/associated%20docs/position_app_note_v1.pdf
(page 11)

"The high nibble of the first data byte indicates how the remainder of the angular data is to be interpreted. The values F , 0 and 1 are allocated to support full rotation in a horizontal plane (e.g. for terrestrial sources). The nibble 0 references the angle defined in the remainder of the data to North (0°), 1 adds 256° clockwise to the angle and F subtracts 256°. The low nibble of the first data byte indicates the clockwise rotation angle in increments of 16°. Thus a first data byte of 00 defines due North, 01 defines an azimuth of 16° East, 0A (hexadecimal) an azimuth of 160°, and 10 (hexadecimal) a rotation of 256° clockwise from north. The high nibble of the second data byte defines the angle in degrees, and the low nibble indicates the fractional part of a degree, if required. Note that the low nibble is a true binary fraction, and is not Binary Coded Decimal. Thus the most significant bit (of the low nibble) defines half a degree, the next bit a quarter degree and the least significant bit a sixteenth. If the Tuner-receiver User-interface is to show a decimal value, then the ten closest fractional values can be employed, as given in the following table."

hope that helps - but I fear you've seen it before,

Holger