[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] OT: Diseqc Spec

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Lauri Tischler (LT) wrote:

LT> > so if you want to have a position of, say, 11 degrees east, just use
LT> >
LT> >   6E 00 B0 (i.e. north + 0*16 + 11 + 0 = +11 degrees)
LT>
LT> Actually, with my Moteck SG-2100 command 6E 00 D0 moves to
LT> 13 degrees _west_,  go figure :(

although I think that I didn't read it incorrect, it might be just the
other way around (west and east exchanged...) This can also happen, if you
mount the moter with top and bottom exchanged (never seen such a motor, so
I don't know if it is possible at all...)

LT> Command 6E 02 10 goes to 33 degrees _west_
LT> Command 6E 00 00 goes to zero.

first try what 6E 10 00 and 6E F0 00 do.

if the west and east are just exchanged, I would expect
 6E 10 00 to move by 256 degrees to the west (thus stopping at 104 east)
and
 6E F0 00 to move by 256 degrees to the east (thus stopping at 104 west)

I  mean, even if your motor is only able to move to the west, and not able
to  move  to  the  east, you should easily access any position (not by the
shortest  path, though --- rotation by 359 degrees to the west is the same
as rotation by 1 degree to the east)

c ya
        Sergei
--