[vdr] Re: Subtitles and VDR 1.3.2

Markku Virtanen wrote:

> I believe subtitles are not availabIe yet for version 1.3.2, because
> it is a mixture of patching the code and plugin interface?
>
> Is there any possibilities to get subtitles as a fixed part of VDR or
> as a plugin that is a plugin and not a patch that relies on
> certain contents of unaltered source file version?
>
> IMHO subtitles could be included in VDR, because that
> is a feature that is needed in all scandinavian countires
> at any time, for "us" it is not an option :)

If this question is addressed to me, I'm afraid I have to
say that I will first do other things that are more important
to me. I don't mean to offend anybody who depends on subtitles,
but to me they are not important - and after all, it's my free
time I'm investing here...

So if you have a stable VDR 1.2.6 with subtitles, just stay with
it for the time being.

Klaus