[vdr] Re: @Klaus, found the diff between transfer / playback

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:09:10AM +0100, Philippe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found my bug about transfer mode :
>
> My hardware decoder has two modes called “dvd” and “broadcast”. The default
> is dvd mode.
> This night I switched to broadcast mode (didn't notice this flag before;-))
> and everything was perfect (LiveTV and playback).
>
> Here is what the docs say about the two modes:
>   BROADCASTED_VIDEO - the video is streamed and contains I blocks.
>   DVD_VIDEO - the video contains complete I frames.
>
> As
>   - BROADCASTED_VIDEO is OK Playback and LiveTV
>   - DVD_VIDEO is OK Playback
> I just can tell you it seems that
>  - dvbplayer.[hc] build and transfer complete I frames
>  - transfer.[hc] doesn't build Iframes but Iblocks

In other words: your decoder is able to convert GOPs with the
initial F frames and the included Pand B frames to I frames
sequences only?  Hey, I'd like to know if there is a
open source library around which can do this in software.
libmpeg2 is not an option AFAIK there is no decoding required
to do this.

          Werner