[vdr] dvd plugin / wrong menu aspect ratio with NTSC DVDs

I'm using vdr-1.2.6 with dvd-0.3.4-rc10.
I have a few NTSC DVDs where the aspect ration in the menus is not honored.
The image is always stretched to fit the entire screen although it's a 16/9 image. I have a 4/3 TV so I guess it is not a PAL line 23 issue, but I'm not sure. I do have an Aspect-Ration button on my remote. If I switch to 16/9, it is displayed correctly.
Has anyone had similar problems?

@Sven: I could lend you a copy of one of the DVD's so you can check it out...

André.