[vdr] Re: How to determine the APID languages?

Sebastian Zechlin wrote:

> To be more precise, it's a component descriptor coming with the concerning
> event.
>
> Example:
>
> 50 -> component_descriptor
> 0D -> 13 bytes
> 0F -> reserved for future use
> 02 -> stream_content
> 03 -> component_type -> audio, stereo (2 channel)
> 03 -> component_tag
> 444555 -> ISO 639 language code: DEU
> deutsch (Latin alphabet)
> 50 -> component_descriptor
> 0E -> 14 bytes
> 0F -> reserved for future use
> 02 -> stream_content
> 03 -> component_type -> audio, stereo (2 channel)
> 06 -> component_tag
> 444555 -> ISO 639 language code: DEU
> englisch (Latin alphabet)

Here's where I see a problem: the "ISO 639 language code" says "DEU",
but the actual "description" says "englisch". Apparently the "ISO 639 language code"
doesn't tell us what language this audio track is in, but rather what language
the "description" is written in. The "description" may apparently contain
arbitrary text, as for instance with "WRN Europe" (just a randomly chosen example)
where it says "Audio - WRNEurMax" (the "ISO 639 language code" in that case
actually says "eng").

I was hoping to find a place where the audio language would be encoded
as a three letter word, just like the "ISO 639 language code". As soon as
there can be a string with arbitrary text, it's not quite easy to
determine the actual language. Sure, we could scan the "description" for
language names, but that's something I would have liked to avoid...

Besides, we apparantly have to rely on the component descriptors to
appear in the same sequence as the audio PIDs appear in the PMT, since
there is no reference to a specific APID in them.

Klaus