[vdr] Re: system freeze when using overlay!?

hi

i totally oversaw your message. sorry!
Hi Manuel,

maybe I have the same problem.

For me it also appears with tuxview in overlay mode, xawtv and even fbtv.
It appears on I/O like updatedb from locate and changes
the filesystem even when not writing to files.

When the system freezes, the HD-led burns.
this is true for my crashes too!

For me it changed files like /bin/uname beeing a device afterwards
and also the journaling filesystems doesn't help.
(The system thinks, after replaying the journal everything is fine,
but you should force a real check)

I have the problem minimum since kernel 2.4.18 and xfree 4.2

Maybe you also have a Matrox gfx-card?
i have one (g550). but i testet it with 2 geforce cards as well...

do you have the same motherboard?
and sorry for the late answer. hope we can work together now :)

bye.

(manuel hartl / it services)
(web - http://www.hartl-it.de)