[vdr] Re: Descrambling question

Hi,

At 03.06 25-01-2004 +0100, LinuxTV Dev wrote:

>I have a Nexus card with CI extension with one CAM module.
>
>I want to buy another card to record during program view, but I have a
question about descrambling :

>Is it possible to view a scrambled program on first DVB card and record a
scrambled program on second card using only one CI extension on first card ?

I think that this is not possible. The main problem is the hardware, as
the (unique) CAM should be feed with two simultaneus Transport Streams,
which is not possible (whitout modify the hardware), and whitout forget
that the CAM firmware should support it, also the DVB drivers.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio
Universidad de Navarra