[vdr] Is pure analog cable-tv possible?

Hi!

I'm planing to install a linux-vdr box, but today only analog cable tv is
available to
me. I've found the analog tv plugin of Andreas Kool and a discussion about
dvb-c
with analog support, but it isn't clear to me if I can get a working
solution without
any digital-tv reception (if a dvb-c card is necessary to receive analog
cable tv, it's
ok). Because of a flatrate dsl access an internet based epg is possible.

The real dream is a vdr-server: currently only 1 analog tv-card (+encoder if

neccessary), if dvb-t is available 1 or more of dvb-t cards.  For viewing a
disk&fanless vdr-client.

If there are already answers to my question, I havn't found them.  Pointers
are
welcome.

tia
	pyrokar