[vdr] Re: DELT: unexpected behaviour

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:33:07PM +0100, Sergei Haller wrote:

> so I supposed that DELT has the same behaviour. Unfortunately not:
> (as you can see on the number of colons, I made a copy&paste mistake while
> entering the following two timers)

Some people think strange things.

The timerlist has always been a "list" and you are expected to remeber
what you did to the list.

Two subsequend LSTRs are ALLOWED to give 2 completly different results.
Whereas the lists for channels/timers aren't "virtual" there lies a
data-structure behind that doesn't change it's order "at will". It will
never change unless something activly changes it.
So it's save to assume that you "know" what you did.

Also changing it would break at least the compatiblity with Master-Timer.
Don't know if there are other tools that depend of this behaviour.

In short:
Don't change thing only because people don't understand what going on.

Bis denn