[vdr] Re: Cutting recordings hangs vdr 1.3.x

* Gregoire Favre <Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch> [040207 23:06]:

Is anyone else experiencing hangs of vdr 1.3.x (I tested 1.3.1 & 1.3.3)
when editing recordings? I can set a mark point, but when I try to move
it, vdr just freezes forever, I have to 'killall -9 vdr'.

Maybe I should try without any patches, but what I've applied on top of
vanilla (QuickAIO, MODR & readonly-medium) should not interfere with the
editing process at all...
Hi Greg,

Are you using kernel 2.6?
Yes :)

If yes, then you have to:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 vdr
When I try running it that way, vdr can't find libpthread.so.o, which
I've checked is present under /lib...
What does the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL statement changes that makes vdr not
seeing the default library dirs?

If you are under 2.4, then sorry, I have no idea...
It sure is my problem, I thought that was not needed anymore with 1.3.x,
since otherwise it works fine, and it says it has no problems with nptl
anymore, or it does?

Thanks anyway :)

--
Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>