[vdr] Re: DVB-C Card

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Thomas Glomann wrote:

> On Saturday 07 February 2004 19:22, Thomas Müller wrote:
> > What about the Siemens DVB-C Card
> >
> > are there any differences in Quality or something else ??
> >
> > Thomas
>
> As far as I know, they are all totally equal (baugleich). At least the
> Siemens, Technotrend and Hauppauge boards. mabye the only thing you should
> think about is the revision. up to 1.6 you can build a scart cable with
> RGB-out which provides the best video quality. this applies to the "s"
> versions (satellite) at least.

They are not same. Siemens has it's own card. VDR (and dvb
drivers) support Siemens's card okay. It's only problem is that it's a bit
picky with QAM128 channel packets. It needs alot better signal on those
than on QAM64 ones. Well, at least stronger signal as little amplifier did
good job for me.

The other differences are that it has it's own CI module, AFAIK it's not
compatible with others. Siemens's CI module is a daughterboard for the
main dvb-card, ie. it's bolted on top. One good thing about Siemens card
is that it can have also analog tv module. I'm not sure if that's
supported by analog-tv plugin..

  Marko