[vdr] Re: OutCommand etc. --> ehternet card? (was: is vdrconvertreally so buggy?)

[...] as Karsten Müller noted it's unlikely for the (shell) scripts to cause instability of the setup.

OutCommand: timeout waiting for COMMAND line
av71100: ARM crashed!
SOutCommand error
outcom error
StartHWFilter error
StopHWFilter error
gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
and so on.

Has anyone similar experiences? Does anyone know about remedies?

This looks like bad tuning / low signal strength crashing the ARM. Tell us more about your setup.
That's what I found too after searching different fora etc.
Therefore I put the vdr in the living room and connected it with the antenna cable. The error messages were the same. Then I removed the ethernet card eth0, and vdr worked as it should.
So I think, the error messages have nothing to do (at least in my case) neither with signal strength neither with vdrconvert. Perhaps by coincidence the ethernet card crashed in the moment I installed vdrconvert?
(FYI: I have 2 ethernet cards in the vdr: eth0 "cable" card, eth1: wireless card. With eth0 I wanted to download the wireless-tools.)
Richard

--
Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve
r.mueller@oeko-sorpe.de - www.oeko-sorpe.de