[vdr] Howto route audio through soundcard

Hi all,

I have a vdr-1.2.6 running with a nexus-s full featured
DVB card on a HERMES MSI 651 barbone system.

Everything works fine for me, except that my sound is coming
out of the audio plugs of the DVB Card only.

I would like to have it on the soundcard as well, AC3 would be nice,
but is not mandatory.

Is it possible to use the SPDIF output of the DVB card and route the
signal to the SPDIF input of the soundcard, then over the normal
output to the stereo amplifier?

If yes, which plugins do I need?

Thanks,
Andreas