[vdr] Re: Fifo Full - Problem while OSD active (with DXR3)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-13] Antti Järvinen wrote:

> Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
>
> > One other thing which I have observed is that recent CVS em8300 is
> > rather unstable (vdr crashes, slow live-tv zapping, slow skipping in
> > recordings). CVS from ~ October 2003 operates much better with my
> > adv7171 based dxr3 clone and vdr 1.2.6.
> >

> I have noticed the same behaviour with my bt865 based dxr3 card.
> CVS version from November 2003 (before these commits
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3517153&forum_id=7166)
> works quite okay with vdr-1.2.6 and dxr3-plugin 0.2.2.
>
> However, the lipsync is not perfect. Especially when watching a live
> stream on MTV3 or SubTV. In playback mode, lipsync is much better. Is
> anyone else having the same problems. Where the problem might be, in
> MTV3 or dxr3?

Me too. Active OSD usage crashes VDR/DXR3 for sure. Latest dxr3-plugin
(0.2.2) crashes more than 0.2.1. Not quite sure which version of dxr3
drivers I'm currently using and its a little difficult to experiment
since I don't have net connection in my new place yet (thanks Elisa!).

Sometimes VDR itself recovers from this DXR3-caused crashing, sometimes I
have to do a killall -TERM vdr (mapped to ctrl-alt-del) and sometimes only
a reboot solves the issue. :( Very annoying, even so that I'm considering
buying a full feature card just for the output. :)

As for the lipsync, it sometimes is a bit off in both live TV and
playback, but in live TV changing to a different channel and back usually
fixes it, for playback the fix is to stop and restart the playback.

Oh, and I've always had to remove some assert's from
dxr3abstractiondevice.c starting from around line 76 (in 0.2.1). I can't
remember now whether this was because it would crash more or if it caused
mplayer-plugin with -vo dxr3 not to work. In any case, not removing them
would cause a crash that only a hard power-off would solve, which is
always not good, even with reiserfs.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake(ät)iki.fi>  System Administrator  http://iki.fi/jake/