[vdr] Re: How to extract MPEG ES from VDR recording?

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 18:58, Paavo Hartikainen wrote:
> I have recorded some audio from DVB-T with VDR, and now I would like
> to listen to them outside VDR...
>
> Back when I used "mplayer -dumpstream" to record MPEG TS, I could use
> dvb-mpegtools of libdvb 0.5.4 to "ts2es".  Now, how to do the same to
> MPEG PES file from VDR?
>
> I tried using "pes2aud_es" but it produces content with somehow
> skipping sound (broken frames?) about once per second.  Before
> conversion it sounds just fine in VDR...

I asked this a while back. The best method that was suggested, and the
one I now use, is to use vdrsync:

vdrsync.pl -audio-only 001.vdr

This will give you c0.mpa for the first audio track, c1.mpa for the
second, etc.

These mp2 files can then be converted to mp3 using lame or similar.

Cheers,

Laz